Sectional density:
The ratio of an object's mass to its cross-sectional area. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance.

Saturday 13 August 2011

I gotta get in shape.

"Too much sitting has ruined my body. Too much abuse has gone on for too long" - Travis Bickle (Taxi Driver)

Not long ago my wife had mentioned the Paleo diet (Paleolithic), I was quite interested as I've always questioned the food that we as a society eat. None of the food you see seems natural anymore, it all seems disconnected in some way. Food is more often then not tied to an emotion rather then as a means to sustain ones body. Sure, I will be using it as a way to lose weight but by no means is it a "Diet" in the contemporary sense. Unlike the adds you see on magazine covers while waiting in the line at the market (that usually include fast and easy recipes for cupcakes). This is similar to the diet our ancestors had when we were still a hunter / gatherer society, a diet we are genetically geared to intake.

It is the beginning of a long and hard road to a better, fitter and more healthy me. I start this journey with my wife and little boy, whom I love very much. Since his birth we have been having some difficulty in keeping a good diet, between working and trying to keep everything in order, fast food has been king. My diet has been poor for much longer and it has become painfully obvious that I need a change. I'm extremely grateful my wife is willing to attempt this with me, because without her on board I doubt I would have the strength to do it.


"There will be no more pills, no more bad food, no more destroyers of my body. From now on will be total organization. Every muscle must be tight." - Travis Bickle

As of this date I am 5'8 at 224lbs, I hope to reach 170lbs one day. Obviously I wont be getting any taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment